Here are answers to some common questions about sharing your account access letting someone else manage your account.
- How do I let my spouse join my account?
If you haven't registered yet, you'll be able to provide your spouse's information during registration. They'll get an email to join as your spouse. If you've already registered, you can add them from Settings.
Click here to learn about adding a spouse through Settings.
- What if I want my spouse to oversee TaxCaddy?
If you want your spouse to be in charge of TaxCaddy, they should sign up first and then add you as a spouse. If you've already created your TaxCaddy account, your spouse can still take the lead, but the primary account will receive all notification emails.
- Can my spouse and I switch roles? How does a spouse differ from a primary account?
Once the accounts are created, you can't switch roles. The only difference is that the primary account receives the notification emails. This has no effect on your 1040.
- Can my spouse join my account if they have their own account?
If your spouse has signed up independently, that account can't be added as a spouse. To join as a spouse, they must join through your request.
- Can I let a third party manage my account?
Yes, you can use Multi Account Management.
Click here for more information on Multi Account Management.
- Can my spouse and I swap email addresses?
If you need to swap email addresses with your spouse, please contact support.