The following is a list of resolved issues.
Known issues that are still in progress are tracked in a separate article.
RESOLVED - Uploading from Google Drive in the Android TaxCaddy app is not working
- Added 3/2/18
- Affected Product: TaxCaddy for Android
- Description: Some users are unable to connect to Google Drive when selecting Upload from Google Drive in the Android TaxCaddy app.
- Related article: Uploading documents
- Workaround: Open the document in the Google Drive app and then share it with TaxCaddy. See this article for more information on doing this.
- Status: This was resolved 6/22/2018
RESOLVED - Issue listing multiple connection requests
- Added 1/4/18
- Description: When you receive multiple connection requests from more than one tax professional, you can only see one connection request at a time. You can skip to the next request, but you can't go back without refreshing the page.
- Workaround: Refresh the page to start at the first request.
- Status: This was resolved on 3/15/18.
RESOLVED - Users receiving "Document loading error" when opening some documents
- Added 1/25/18
- Description: When opening a document, you may see an error message in the PDF viewer with the title WebPDF Viewer and message Document loading error.
- Workaround: Clear your browser's cache and cookies to resolve this issue. For information on how to clear your cache and cookies, please see the following links to articles provided by the respective software's websites. Please note that these sites are not maintained by the TaxCaddy team. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari.
- Status: We have identified and solved the cause of this problem in January 2018; however, if you saw the error before we solved the cause, you will need to perform the workaround above.
RESOLVED - Signing up as a spouse with mobile apps not working as intended
- Added 2/16/18
- Description: When signing up as a spouse with the TaxCaddy mobile app, the account will not be created correctly.
- Workaround: If signing up with TaxCaddy as a spouse, please use a browser on a PC, Mac, or tablet.
- Related article: Adding and removing additional user accounts.
- Status: This issue was resolved on 2/19/18.
RESOLVED - Word documents that are converted to PDF can't be opened
- Added 11/28/17
- Description: Word documents that are converted to PDFs and added to TaxCaddy can't be opened.
- Workaround: Native PDFs are working normally.
- Status: Resolved 1/22/18.
RESOLVED - Connection requests from firms without logos cause the Android mobile app to crash
- Added 12/4/17
- Description: When you receive a connection request from a firm that doesn't use a logo in TaxCaddy and you attempt to log in to TaxCaddy with the Android mobile app, the app will crash.
- Workaround: Please log in to TaxCaddy on the web and respond to the request. Once the request has been accepted, you can use the Android mobile app like normal.
- Status: Resolved.
RESOLVED - Forgot Password not working in TaxCaddy mobile apps
- Added 9/28/17
- Description: During the Forgot Password process in the TaxCaddy mobile apps, TaxCaddy is unable to load security questions. Because of this, the process can't continue.
- Related article: Resetting your password
- Workaround: Please use a browser to reset your password rather than the TaxCaddy mobile apps.
- Status: Resolved 10/6/17.
RESOLVED - TaxCaddy occasionally crashing when opening PDFs in Chrome
- Added 9/27/17
- Description: TaxCaddy is occasionally crashing when opening PDFs in Chrome. While Chrome loads a PDF, an error screen will appear that says "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage."
- Workaround: If you see this error, you can try again or use a different browser.
- Status: Resolved 10/2/17. If you see this issue, please ensure your browser is up-to-date.
RESOLVED - Moving documents fails and causes an error message
- Added 9/15/17
- Description: When you attempt to move a document to a different category, the move fails, and you see a screen that says "Oops, something went wrong!"
- Related articles: Moving documents to other categories.
- Status: Resolved 9/28/17.
RESOLVED - Push notifications not working on the web
- Added 9/21/17
- Description: Push notifications are no longer being sent on the web.
- Workaround: Email and mobile push notifications are working as normal.
- Related articles: Updating notification preferences
- Status: Resolved 9/26/17.